It is possible to make the most delicious homemade cheesecake right in your own kitchen. This is one of the best and simplest cheesecake recipes that you will find and your family and friends will love it! My cheesecake recipe is perfect for guests or just a weekend dinner.
This delicious cheesecake is easy to prepare and will rival that of any great restaurant or deli.
You can substitute all ingredients for organic ingredients, or you can only substitute a few. It is completly up to you and your budget. The creativity makes it your own personal recipe. Plus some ingredients are difficult to find as organic.
For the Crust
1 1/2 cups fine graham cracker crumbs
5 tablespoons unsalted organic butter, melted
1 tablespoon organic cane sugar
For the Filling
16 ounces organic cream cheese (room temperature)
2/3 cup organic cane sugar
1 cup organic sour cream
5 large eggs (room temperature)
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup organic heavy cream
1)Position a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees F.
2) To make the crust: In a small bowl, mix the cracker crumbs with the melted butter and the sugar together until evenly moistened. Press the crumb mixture onto the bottom of a spring-form pan or if you don't have one, use a cake or pie pan. Bake the crust until golden brown, about 10 to 12 minutes. Cool the pan on a rack.
3) Lower the oven temperature to 325 degrees F. In the bowl of a standing mixer or with a hand-held mixer, cream the cream cheese on medium speed until smooth. Gradually add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy. (Stop mixing and scrape down the sides of the bowl and beaters as needed.) Beat in the sour cream. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla and cream. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
4) Bake until the top of the cheesecake is lightly browned, but the center still jiggles slightly, about 45 minutes. Cool the cake in the pan on a rack. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight before serving.
5) To remove the cake from the pan, run a knife or offset spatula around the edges to release the edges from the pan.
6) Cut the cheesecake into wedges and serve with fresh blueberries or any fresh berries you prefer. Another idea is to drizzle melted chocolate over it or choose any topping that suits your taste!