Extra moist and sweet, this honey cake is so flavorful and so easy to make. A great dessert for Rosh Hashanah or an irresistable snack cake! Raw honey is much healthier than using sugar, which most of the honey cake recipes include and it isn't necessary for a sweet moist cake.
- 1 cup organic butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup local or raw honey
- 3 organic eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups organic whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon aluminum free baking powder (I use Bob's Red Mill)
- 2/3 cup organic Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup organic slivered almonds (optional)
- Heat the oven to 325F. Grease a 10" bundt pan. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl add the butter and honey. Beat on low speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the vanilla extract followed by the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Gently fold in the flour, baking soda and baking powder alternately with the greek yogurt.
- Add the almonds to the bottom of the pan at this time. Spoon the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake the cake in preheated oven for 45 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven, leave to cool for about 30-35 minutes before inverting the pan and remove the cake.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
Enjoy the holiday! Happy Baking!