The main ingredients I use in my burritos are delicious even though they are store bought. Fast food burrito chains can’t even come close to this level of nutrition and quality.
6 small organic whole grain tortillas
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed (I use Eden Organic Canned black beans)
2 cups organic salsa or homemade salsa
3 oz cheddar cheese (or your favorite)
chilli powder to taste
½ of an onion chopped
Toppings: avocado, sour cream, lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees for 10 minutes
- Place tortillas on top of parchment paper lined aluminum foil
- Place ¼ cup of black beans on each tortilla
- Sprinkle chili powder on top of black beans (to taste)
- Add about a tablespoon of onion on top of beans
- Top each burrito with one tablespoon of salsa
- Shred cheese and top each burrito with a handful
- Roll and wrap each tortilla tightly
- Put the burritos in oven on a rack.
- Store burritos in a ziplock bag in the freezer until ready to use.
- Cooking time varies: Fresh burritos - 10 mins; Defrosted burritos - 20 mins and frozen burritos - 30 mins.
- Serve with avocado, romaine, sour cream, lime wedges
- Store leftover burritos in the freezer (ziplock freezer bag until ready to use)