Quick and easy to make, my recipe for healthy oatmeal raisin bars are delicious and healthy!
Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Bars
Try not to overbake these, as the texture will be less chewy and the bars could eventually become dry (they are fairly moist, for a cookie, when properly baked). I judge cookies to be done by looking for a golden brown color around the edges and for the cookie to look “set” and not wet/raw in the center. The standards are the same here, and the top of the bars should take on a light golden color as the bars finish baking.
1 cup organic all purpose flour
1/2 cup organic cane sugar
1/2 cup coconut palm sugar or (organic light brn sugar)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp ground ceylon cinnamon
1/4 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 large organic egg
1/2 cup organic butter, melted and cooled
2 cups organic oats (not instant)
1 1/2 cups organic raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8×8-inch baking pan with parchment paper (optional) or butter pan and lightly dust with flour.
2. Whisk together flour, sugars, baking soda, salt and spices in a large bowl.
3. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and stir in vanilla, egg and melted butter until smooth. Stir in oats and raisins until they are evenly distributed.
4. Pour dough into prepared pan and spread into a even layer with a spatula or your fingers.
5. Bake for 22-26 minutes, or until bars are set and the center no longer looks wet. Edges will be golden brown. Cool pan on a wire rack before slicing.
6. Cut into 18 rectangular bars to serve.