My homemade recipe for banana bread is a great way to use those overly ripe black bananas we all end up with. They are perfect for this recipe and helps to make the banana bread moist. The delightful aroma of baking banana bread will fill your home and once it is out of the oven and sliced, this banana bread will disappear quickly! Make 2 loaves and freeze one for next time.
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup raw honey
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup walnuts (optional)
1. In a bowl mix mashed bananas, yogurt, honey, eggs, applesauce and vanilla. Set aside.
2. Combine flour, baking soda and salt.
3. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and blend together.
4. Pour batter into a loaf pan that has been buttered and dusted with flour. Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
5. Cool for 10 minutes. Slice and serve.
I eat a slice of banana bread for breakfast with oat bran cereal...yum! I must give credit to my mom for the original recipe*