Fluffy Mushroom Souffle Omelette
- 1 small package mushrooms, or about 1 cup chopped
- 2-3 Tbsp grass-fed butter
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- 12 pastured eggs, separated
- 2 cups of your favorite raw cheese (gouda, swiss, cheddar or havarti because they melt really well)
- Season to taste
- In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms and spinach a few minutes until tender.
- Pour mushrooms and spinach into a bowl and set aside
- Separate eggs and place into separate large bowls
- Whip egg whites using a hand mixer, until stiff peaks form
- Whisk egg yolks until liquefied
- Fold yolks into whites
- Melt remaining 1 Tbsp of butter in the skillet and pour half of the egg mixture into the pan, and smooth the top with a spatula
- Sprinkle mushrooms and spinach and 2 cups of cheese on top, distributing evenly
- Scoop remaining egg mixture on top and smooth with a spatula
- On a medium burner allow the soufflé to cook for 3-5 minutes until bottom is brown.
- Flip the omelette over and cook for 2 more minutes.
Slice and enjoy!