Friday, November 13, 2015

Coffee Bean Remedy For Dark Circles Under The Eyes




Dark circles or puffiness under the eyes are a common and aggravating problem for most people. They not only make one look older, but also tired.  As far back as I can remember, I've had dark circles under my eyes and it also seems to run in my family. I've tried creams, serums, and a variety of cover up sticks and concealers and nothing really worked for me.

Some causes for dark circles and inflammation include nasal congestion, stress, anemia, oversleeping, eczema, crying, too much salt, and excessive drinking, smoking, or sun exposure. Because dark circles are such a common problem, many cosmetic companies provide dark circle “treatment.” Some of these products contain chemicals that can harm the skin under the eyes because the skin is so fragile. Plus, a cover up isn’t needed. A healthy option is needed.

The method I use is a mixture of coffee grounds, coconut oil, and black pepper to help with my dark circles. Coffee acts like an anti-inflammatory, black pepper stimulates circulation, and the coconut oil promotes the release of the coffee and pepper oils and makes it easier for the skin to absorb them.

Ingredients:
1/4 cup ground coffee beans
coconut oil (enough to make a paste)
1/8 tsp black pepper

Directions:  
Gently take the coffee mixture and pat under the eyes and leave on for 20 minutes. Wash off with warm water. Repeat 2 times a week.

This method is not a permanent fix and should be repeated twice a week. However, it is a natural way of removing puffy and dark circles from under the eyes. Also, coffee and black pepper are high in antioxidants. Antioxidants help to reduce aging and UV damage.

I finally saw a significant change after using it for a month!  Try it out and let me know how it works for you!


Laurel xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please send your comments to Healthy Intuitions: