Nothing brings out the essence of fall like a pumpkin spice latte. Raking leaves may be one downside to fall, but there's nothing more satisfying than a steamy mug of Organic Pumpkin Spice Latte after a rough day of raking leaves. Raking leaves tops the list as one of the most hated gardening chores...
The crisp autumn weather makes drinking coffee an everyday treat and this delicious brew includes this season's favorite squash -- the pumpkin. And you don't even have to go to Starbucks to get their unhealthy pumpkin spice latte. With this recipe, you can make a much healthier version at home with organic ingredients.
This pumpkin spice latte recipe combines real organic pumpkin with an all-around autumn combination of flavors and spices.
Organic Pumpkin Spice Latte
(Makes 1-2 servings)
• 2 cups organic milk (or your favorite non-dairy alternative)
• 2 tablespoons organic canned pumpkin
• 1 tablespoons organic coconut palm sugar
• 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
• 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or make your own combination using cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice)
• 1-2 shots espresso (or 1/2 cup of strong brewed organic coffee)
1. In a saucepan combine milk, pumpkin and sugar. Cook the mixture on medium heat and stir until steaming.
2. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and spice, and then transfer to a blender and process for 15 seconds until the mixture is foamy. If you don't have a blender, don't worry about it -- just whisk the mixture with a wire whisk until it froths.
3. Pour your tasty brew into a large mug or two mugs. Then add the espresso or coffee.
Optional: Top your coffee with homemade whipped cream and sprinkle pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg or cinnamon on top.