Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Delicious Homemade Blueberry Breakfast Crepes






Today I was thinking about changing my usual breakfast regimen of juicing or eating oatmeal to something a little more appetizing. I realized that I haven't made my dad's blueberry crepes in a few years. The more I thought about a heaping stack of these delicious blueberry crepes covered in maple syrup, I was compelled to make a batch.  I'm happy to say that they turned out perfectly scrumptious.  I prefer my dad's recipe to conventional pancakes because they aren't like the typical heavy and doughy pancake, but light and fluffy.

My dad's blueberry crepe recipe is easy to make and you can refrigerate the leftovers or freeze them for another time. Of course, I changed the ingredients to organic, but they taste as great as the original recipe.

I'm proud to be able to share this recipe with you and I hope you enjoy it!  Thanks Dad ♥


Homemade Blueberry Breakfast Crepes

Ingredients:

1 cup organic all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups organic milk
2 eggs
1 tablespoon olive oil or coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup fresh organic blueberries (added after blending)


Directions:

Beat all ingredients in a processor until blended.  Add the blueberries.  Heat a splash of olive oil in a 6-inch skillet.  Remove from heat.  Spoon in about 2 tablespoons batter; lift and tilt skillet to spread batter.  Return to heat; when crepe begins to bubble turn it over for a few seconds.  Remove crepe.  Repeat to make 16 to 18 crepes.  Serve with 100% maple syrup and butter.


Intuitively Yours,
Laurel x0x0

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please send your comments to Healthy Intuitions: