1) Sleeping: Sleep requirements vary slightly from person to person.
- Healthy adults need between 7.5 - 9 hrs. sleep at night to function at their best. When you do not get enough sleep, you are more likely to have an accident, injury and/or illness. Older adults often have trouble sleeping and daytime naps can help.
- Make sleep a priority! Schedule enough time for sleep, consistency is the key.
2) Moderate Exercise: Exercise helps your body fight infection.
- It lowers your risk of getting diseases such as osteoporosis and cancer.
- A 20 minute walk every day will help your disease fighting capabilities.
3) Laughing: The more you LOL on a daily basis, the better you help your immune
system stay strong.
- Laughter is the best medicine, watch a comedy or laugh with your friends and family.
4) Singing: Singing and humming is an effective immunity booster. It doesn't matter
if you sing off-key.
- Sing along with your favorite songs or sing in the shower. (Don't sing at work.)
5) Probiotics: It keeps your GI system stay on track and bolsters your immune
- It promotes the "good bacteria" to exist in your GI tract.
6) Human Touch: Hugging, holding hands, having sex or even a 45 minute massage
helps to increase the production of white blood cells and reduce inflammation.
- It causes our bodies to release cortisol lowering oxytocin and increases the serotonin in our brain, making you feel great.
- Keep on hugging!
7) Omega-3's: Fish Oil and Krill Oil do not give a person enough of the Omega 3's necessary. Pure Hawaiian Spirulina pacifica, which has Omega 3's in the form of DHA, EPA, ALA, and numerous phytonutrients essential for anti-inflammatory, cardiovascular benefits and has even slowed the progression of HIV.
8) Organic Food: Choose a healthy diet of organic foods.