Monday, March 31, 2014

My Favorite Lucky 7 Anti-Aging Foods

Most women I know, including myself, desire to look younger after we reach a certain age. "You know what I'm talking about - wrinkles, sagging skin, age spots and just looking tired".  When I turned 40 years old, I began using anti-aging creams.   When I turned 50, I bought more creams, serums and under the eye anti-wrinkle creams, but they never really seemed to help.   Now that I'm over 60 (ugh), I considered consulting with a cosmetic surgeon, but I know that it would cost too much money and I really don't care to look like a plastic doll.

The fact is that you don't need expensive cosmetic procedures or expensive creams to look younger, but in future posts I will be sharing my DIY homemade anti-aging creams.  I made a list of my favorite anti-aging foods that I regularly include in my diet to share with all of you.  They have anti-aging properties as well as other health benefits.


1)  Avocado:  This fruit, often thought of as a vegetable, is a good source of healthy monounsaturated fat that can reduce bad cholesterol.  Avocado is an excellent source of vitamin E and can help to maintain healthy skin and prevent skin aging.

2)  Berries:  All berries, including blueberries, blackberries, and strawberries contain a phytochemical known as flavonoids - powerful antioxidants which help to protect the body against damage caused by free radicals and aging.

3)  Nuts:  All varieties of nuts are good sources of minerals, especially walnuts. They are rich in potassium, magnesium, iron, zinc, copper and selenium.  Adding nuts to your diet will improve your skin and help to prevent cancer.

4)  Watermelon:  Both the flesh and seeds of the watermelon are nutritious.  I blend both of them together and drink as a juice.  The flesh contain vitamin A, B, & C;  the seeds contain selenium, zinc, and vitamin E, all of which help against aging.

5)  Wild Sockeye Salmon:  Salmon keeps your skin supple.  As you age you lose brain function -"If you want to keep your wits about you as you age, begin consuming two 4-ounce servings per week".  Salmon has omega-3 fatty acids which aids in nerve cells communicating with one another.  Do not buy farmed fish as they are fattened with soy and contain inflammatory omega-6 fats.

6)  Sweet Potato:  These tubers are one of the healthiest foods on the planet. They are loaded with vitamin C which smoothes out wrinkles by stimulating the production of collagen.  They also have vitamin A and E which help you maintain a beautiful complexion.

7)  Dark Chocolate:  Eating dark chocolate can increase circulation to the skin and improve its ability to retain moisture, which can reduce the appearance of wrinkles.


You won't believe how good fighting aging can taste!























    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Please send your comments to Healthy Intuitions: