"In my world Pi = PIE"
This year, the “Pi Day of the Century” will be marked in all kinds of creative ways. At the San Francisco Exploratorium, where the official celebration first began, you can participate in a pi procession and in my book - making fruit pies!
Let's make a pie today...How about
Organic Apple Pie?
ONE 9-inch PIE Premade Pie shell
3/4 cup organic light brown sugar
1/4 cup organic all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
pinch of sea salt
6 cups thinly sliced pared organic apples
2 tablespoons butter
Crumble Topping Ingredients: Organic
1/2 cup firm butter
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup organic heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove Wholly Wholesome Pie Shell from freezer and place on a cookie sheet.
- Peel, core and slice apples.
- Fill pie shell with apples.
- Sprinkle sea salt on top of apples.
- In separate bowl, mix together sugar, flour and cinnamon.
- Slice cold stick of butter into 1/4″ slices and add to sugar mixture. Mix together using a fork until crumbly.
- Pour mixture over apples.
- Tent aluminum foil over pie, place in oven and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove foil tent and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve with 1/2 cup whipped cream.
Have a wonderful day and enjoy!