Sauteed Chicken & Mushrooms in Wine Sauce
1-pound boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into bite sized pieces
1/4 -1/2 cup organic all purpose flour or rice flour
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon unsalted organic butter
1 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
2 cups Crimini or White Button mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup Moscato wine or a favorite white wine.
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
sea salt and pepper to taste
1. Mix the salt, pepper and flour together.
2. Place the chicken into a large bowl and lightly coat with the flour mixture.
3. Heat a large skillet to low-medium and add olive oil and butter.
4. Add the onion and garlic - Sauté for 3-4 minutes.
5. Add the mushrooms - Sauté for another 3 minutes.
6. Stir in the coated chicken pieces. Cover and cook about 6-8 minutes until chicken is done.
7. Add the wine and stir to combine until sauce thickens.
8. Add the chopped parsley to the mixture and stir. Salt and pepper to taste.
9. Reduce the heat to low and cover until ready to serve
10. Serve the chicken over rice, pasta or quinoa.