Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Delicious Pecan Pie Without the Corn Syrup



I love pecan pie. It’s always been my favorite but of course, it contains corn syrup as a necessary ingredient. Corn syrup we know is toxic and I would never consider using it. I only make it on Thanksgiving day, but this year while testing recipes, I learned a little secret, it can be made with 100% unprocessed ingredients. I contemplated this recipe for weeks and finally gave it a try and was delighted when the pie tasted just as good as my Mom’s.

Ingredients:
1 unbaked pie shell (I use Wholly Wholesome Frozen Organic pie shells)

For the filling:

For the filling:
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 tsp. salt
3 organic eggs
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil (or melted coconut oil)
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup pecans (chopped)

Directions:
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and stir well. Pour into baked crust.

Bake for 35-40 minutes or until set. Keep an eye on the crust...if it starts to get too brown, cover loosely with aluminum foil until pie is finished baking.




Enjoy!

Laurel ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please send your comments to Healthy Intuitions: