Thursday, August 7, 2014

Ice Cream in the NutriBullet!





I love my NutriBullet Superfood Nutrition Extractor.

Guess what? I now love it even more because I have learned how to make something amazing. You’ve read the title, you know where I’m going with this…ice cream!

After experimenting, I learned that making ice cream in the NutriBullet is simple if you follow a few general guidelines. You will need some variety  of frozen fruit, a creamy liquid and an optional sweetening agent. The creamy liquid can be omitted if you are looking to make sorbet.

Pack your Nutribullet cup to the top with frozen fruit. Then, fill the cup just shy of halfway with your liquid of choice. This seems to be the winning ratio for ice cream in the Nutribullet. Add about a teaspoon of honey to sweeten, but this is really up to your PERSONAL taste.

Over blending the mixture will mean more of a milkshake consistency. To avoid this, pulse the Nutribullet very quickly for one of two seconds, then remove and shake. You should only have to do this 2 or 3 times before your ice cream is ready to go.

Now that you’ve got the basic steps, the possibilities are endless. There are a ton of different frozen fruit combinations to try. For the liquid component, you can try chocolate milk, almond milk , coffee, your favourite liquor and more. To sweeten, try honey or maple syrup. How about protein powder ice cream? Chocolate and nut butter? Endless delicious possibilities!

Here is the recipe that I test drove in my Nutribullet with tasty results:

3-4 frozen bananas
Organic Valley Hazelnut Half & Half

Bananas can be quite sweet. So, I did not add any sweetener to this ice cream. It was rich, creamy and so delicious!

Nutribullet ice cream is a yummy, refreshing treat that you can feel great about. I love that I am in control  of exactly what goes into it , so I am confident that no processed additives are present. Also, I can control how much sugar, if any, will be added.

I know that during the remaining summer, this is going to be one of my favorite uses for my versatile NutriBullet.

Give it a try, and  let me know what you think!


Intuitively Yours,
Laurel  xxxx




1 comment:

Please send your comments to Healthy Intuitions: