Friday, January 24, 2014

Steps towards Healthy Living: My Journey Back to Living Again

My psychiatrist prescribed Seroquel and Seroquel XR (time released) for a continuous 3 year period for basic depression.  Not because I was psychotic, but because I suffered from mild depression and what my doctor perceived as hypomania.  I know now that I have adult ADHD which carried over from my childhood.  What the drug actually did was put me in a pharmaceutical coma, making me complacently happy even though it was causing damage to my mind and body.  Over the years I gained 45 pounds, and basically all I did was lay on the couch and watch TV.   In case studies, Seroquel causes Metabolic Syndrome, creating lack of activity, progressive weight gain, sedentary lifestyle, arthritis and insomnia.  I suffered from every one of those issues, and yet my psychiatrist never took me off Seroquel, even though I had complained of these symptoms.

I decided to take matters into my own hands, as I was fed up with my life of taking toxic pharmaceutical medications and feeling simply lousy.  I stopped taking Seroquel and other prescribed medications to see what would happen to me.  I don't advise anyone to just stop taking your medications without a doctors supervision*   I did this because my intuition told me something had to change to make the quality of my life better.

I noticed that my energy returned, I lost some weight and I felt a real sense of happiness with a purpose.   My mind became focused and my intelligence came back to me as well as my memory.   My sister and friends noticed a huge change in me.  I replaced my unhealthy diet with all organic foods.  I was happy for the first time in so many years, not just complacently happy.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Please send your comments to Healthy Intuitions: