- Apple cider vinegar
- Coconut oil
- Aloe vera
Apple Cider Vinegar
Raw, organic APPLE cider vinegar is amazing. Many people swear by it as a preventative, taking shots each day. It is a PROBIOTIC; therefore, it helps keep the gut healthy. Its other uses include:
- Ear infections. At the first sign of an ear infection, lay on your side and use a dropper to fill the ear canal with apple cider vinegar. Catch it early enough, and one dose is all you need. Apple cider vinegar kills bacteria and YEAST INFECTIONS.
- In addition to ears, apple cider vinegar applied directly will kill fungal infections on the skin, including ATHLETE'S FOOT.
- Sore throats. Gargle with apple cider vinegar. Just don't breath in the fumes. Yes, it burns. But moments later, your throat will not hurt.
- Bug bites. Apple cider vinegar is a time-honored cure for mosquito bites.
- Vaginal YEAST INFECTIONS. Use in a douche. Add 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to 8 ounces of filtered water.
- Dab on pimples and acne to kill bacteria and restore proper pH to the skin.
GarlicGarlic is antibacterial, antifungal and antiparasitic. Who needs antibiotics when we have garlic? At the first sign of illness, chew garlic. It's not for the faint of heart, I agree. But practice helps.
- Chew garlic for any systemic infection. Better yet, use raw garlic often and abundantly in your DIET for preventive care.
- Garlic can be diced up and used to treat fungal SKIN INFECTIONS.
- Inserting a garlic clove into the vagina at night is said to help with some vaginal infections. For easier retrieval, sew a string through the core.
- Few things are as soothing to the skin as Aloe vera.
- Break open a piece of Aloe vera and rub over a burn.
- Spread Aloe vera over affected SKIN.
- Cuts, scrapes, bug bites, ACNE. Spread Aloe vera over affected area.
- Coconut oil is antibacterial and antifungal, and it is so soothing for any skin issues. You can add essential oils to treat NAIL FUNGUS or make bug repellent.
- Use for oil pulling. Coconut oil is good for the teeth and gums and is reported to whiten the teeth. It can be used as a TOOTHPASTE alone or used as a base with other ingredients.
- Irritated SKIN. Every variety of irritated skin will benefit from coconut oil. Great for babies' bottoms and adult nether regions as well.
- One of ginger's claims to fame is its ability to cure nausea. While garlic is miraculous for cleansing the body of parasites, viruses and bacteria, it can cause severe nausea. Follow garlic with ginger to calm the stomach.
- If fresh ginger is taken at the first sign of a migraine, it will stop a migraine before it can take hold. Juice fresh ginger with APPLES or with apples and carrots. (We don't get migraines, but we know people who do. This is a miraculous treatment.)
- Chew ginger or juice it for a ginger shot.
Turmeric is a great first aid medicine because of its amazing anti-inflammatory, antibiotic and healing properties. It has been used in India in several ways for so long to treat wounds, cuts, burns and bruises. Here are some ways to use turmeric as first aid:
- For wounds and cuts, the first step is always to stop bleeding. In such situations, clean the wound with water / hydrogen peroxide to remove any external material which can cause infection. After this cleaning turmeric powder should be applied over the wound to cover it. This is to make sure that the bleeding stops very quickly. Turmeric powder falls naturally of the wound and can be reapplied again after cleaning the wound if you want to follow all herbal / natural would care.
- Rashes and bruises are common. While the do not bleed as much as deep wounds, they are prone to infections. A decent think paste of Turmeric powder can be applied on the rash to ensure no infections take place.
- Insects and scorpion stings: Insect and scorpion stings can be very painful and sometimes prove to be fatal. In most Indian villages, doctors are not available and thus one has to find ways to treat these stings locally. Turmeric has proved to be a very useful medicine for this. A thick paste of turmeric is put over the bite area. This not only helps in controlling inflammation but also acts as antidote to poison.
- Swelling due to sprains: Turmeric has amazing anti-inflammation properties and thus is very helpful in controlling swelling and pain induced due to sprains. Turmeric can be applied over the area and also taken internally (as turmeric milk etc.)for accelerated healing.
These are the basics to always keep on hand. For a COMPLETE list of natural healthcare items with which to fully stock your "medicine chest," check out "Natural Medicine Cabinet - My Organic Pharmacy" and "Make Your Immune System Bulletproof with These Natural Remedies."